Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Leaving today and Prayer Requests

So I am not bringing my computer, but will get to use one of my teammates computers while we are there. I do have a couple of requests: please do not text or call me unless it is an emergency. The rate over there is very high. Second: please email me your prayer requests so that I can be praying for you while I am in France.

I am packed (for the most part) and ready to go. I have a couple of errands to run today, one of them being the eye doctor. I have a problem with my left eye, and the dr was nice enough to squeeze me in before I leave this afternoon. My flight is at 9 tonight. We have a lay over in London and then its onto Nice. CRAZY! I am very excited and only have that nervous pre-flight feeling in my stomach. Do you ever get that? What if I forget something? What if I don't remember my passport.... I tend to get that feeling when I am about to fly.

I don't think I can say Thank You enough for your prayers and support. I cannot go to France with out money of course, but your prayers are so important! Here are some prayer requests so that you can pray specifics.

1. For God's grace in Flying. Our team is flying in at 3 different times on 3 different flights. That our bags get there and that we go through customs okay. Also that we have good conversations with those sitting next to us on the way there and back. (I like talking to people on airplanes. They are stuck with you for the duration of the flight)

2. For our team: Emily, Diane, Amy, Sarah, Mont, Emrie, Rachel, Colton and Myself. That we would represent grace and love to the people of France while we serve selflessly and don't complain. That we would bond in fellowship and community, encouraging one another. For the team there from other parts of the US as well. We will all be working together to put on VBS

3. For the Vacation Bible School: that the kids hearts would be open to hear of the gospel and for their parents to listen to what they learn. For the logistics to fall into place and details to be taken care of.

4. For those we meet in France: that we listen well and share the gospel without fear.

5. For the missionaries there: The Arnold Family, Orozco Family, Donna, Amy, Jill and the Servers who are leaving, when we return, to go to France full time. These people serve in France full time. They, through the provision of the church body, live their lives in France, serve and lead 2 churches and minister to different people groups across the southern part of France. To find out more about them and how you can support them visit the Serve Website: www.serve-intl.com They are in constant need of prayer and encouragement. They are the ones that will be building deeper relationships with the families, kids and people of France when we leave.

6. For my heart: That I would serve selflessly while I am there, not seeking my personal satisfaction but seeking the Lord's will. That I would be open and share God's grace and love without fear to all who I meet. And that I my ears and eyes would be open to seeing what God is doing in France and what the needs are in this country.

Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Thank you for your continued prayer. I leave you with a devotional that I find has encouraged me as I leave on my first international mission trip and as I serve here in Denton. I have been reading Paul David Tripp's A Shelter in the Time of Storm as a devotional. He is an amazing writer, speaker and counselor, who I had the privilege of seeing at the Biblical Counseling Conference. His Safe poem, speaks wonders to me and I hope it will to you.

I am safe not because I never face danger, but because God is with me in it.

**2:30pm update: I have an eye infection in both eyes! I am trying to have an upbeat attitude. I get to wear my glasses and put drops in my eyes for the next week! Wahoo!**

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm so excited for you! Just remember that anything you forget can be purchased while you're there. Can't wait to hear all about it!