Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vagabond Summer: Road Trip

We took a little Road Trip to the Grand Canyon.... Here are some pictures!!! We left Denton and drove to Albuquerque by way of Amarillo. Took the road to the Grand Canyon. Then we drove on to Los Angeles. Stayed with Meghan's brother and Mariel. Megan Beck came to join our adventures for a couple of days. Then we drove to San Diego. From San Diego we went to El Paso. Then home! It was a fun adventure. Thanks to everyone who let us stay with them and for all the great advice as to what we should do. It was amazing to get to see a different part of the US.



Playing at Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo. Took the Road from Denton to Albuquerque.
Can you see me?

The Grand Canyon!!!



My favorite day was when we woke up early to read and pray at the edge of the canyon. It was so neat to be reading God's word and look out over the beauty he created.


Our friend Megan is working in CA this summer!
Jumping to see if it shakes the earth.
Pacific Ocean.

What are you fishing for?
Megan joined us for a bike ride to Venice beach.






I thought this represented Venice beach well.

Our roommate for two nights.
Insert Name in Star_______________.
Everyone takes pics of the Hollywood Sign... but I didn't know you could ride horses up by it?
In-N-Out Burger was very good!!
Seals in San Diego.
June Gloom in California couldn't keep us off the beach!
Searching for buried treasure.

Now that's one good kiss!!!
The United States 'most haunted house'.... didn't see any ghosts!
Light House in San Diego.


Chaco Adventures!


Near the naval base in San Diego.
We stayed with a friends Mom in El Paso our last night. She makes her own Kim chi. (Spell?)

I am still learning how to post pics and comments on this blog.

This was a fun adventure. I had been to many of the places before but it is always interesting to go back as an adult. It opened my eyes. To stand and over look the Grand Canyon one day and then the Pacific ocean another, reminded me of just how big God is and how beautiful his creation is. I saw poverty and need in the streets of LA and San Diego. I know that this is true no matter where you go. I have been to Chicago and NY, and other big cities. I have served in the downtown areas of St Louis, Chicago, Memphis and Denton. It still amazes me that someone can find their 'home' sleeping on the street outside the house that is for rent. On the day we left San Diego a man and his dog 'Lady' walked down the street pushing a cart. I said Good morning to him and asked him how he was doing. He said "Not good." I asked why? He informed me that the day before was trash day and so he had no food or anything. This man was homeless and lived off of someone else's 'trash'. I offered him the only food I had on me at the time a granola bar. It made me think about all I have, and how selfish I am with it. My money, possessions, and time. I left this trip praying for God to show me how I can better serve my community and excited to go to France. I know God is working in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. I know that God is working because in Christ and through the help of the Holy Spirit he is transforming lives. For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that who ever trusts in him shall live eternally with him. I know that God is doing things around the world.

No comments: