Wednesday, July 14, 2010

VBS

Hey everyone... its Wednesday here at 5:30. We are resting before we go and watch fireworks for Bastille Day. They day France celebrates their independence.

VBS has gone off well. The whole week is jungle theme and it has been fun to get to interact with the kids as well as a language challenge. I don't think I thought about how many French speakers we would have at an international Bilingual Camp this week. Its been a humble learning experience though. I have had to learn that my interaction with kids is not based on language but love. Love is an international language. I may be learning a word of a day, but I can hug, smile, and give a gentle pat on the back to speak my heart to these kids. I am so thankful though for the staff we are working with. They have been so great teaching and ministering to the kids. The kids learn a bible verse a day, and listen to story. Then we go to music where they learn the songs, sports and snack. Then there is lunch, and the Jesus video where they listen and watch the gospels acted out for them. After the video they go to science (today we dissected a chicken), crafts and then bells (very loud but the children love them!). Then we have wrap up and the kids get to say their bible verses for prizes. They learn them in either French or English depending on what they prefer.
A story today was a girl in our group shared her testimony and God used it to spark the interest of a boy who then accepted Christ! It was amazing to see God work. I have been learning how God is so much bigger than me! It has been so neat to see God working in these kids!

Please pray for our hearts and that God continues to work! Your prayers have been seen at work here in the hearts of the Children! Thanks for them!

1 comment:

raM'z said...

sounds like a lot of fun, and looks like you are all having an amazing time :)

you are all in our prayers.