Saturday, July 10, 2010

Made it to France

Bonjour!

We have made it to France. I have enlisted the help of two of the missionary children to help teach me French. Yesterday we took a tour of the city Cagnes in the morning and went to the church in St. Paul to have dinner and see all of the missionaries. Today we went up to the church to help set up for VBS and went around St. Paul. St. Paul is a city within a 1300 Medieval Wall. The city is all with in the wall still and many people come to visit. The church rests within the wall which overlooks the city of Cagnes. Its so beautiful! Tomorrow we will be going to church and meeting the other group that will be helping with VBS this next week. I am slowly getting over the jet lag and enjoying getting to know the city. Tomorrow will be a long but fun day as we have church in the morning, a pot luck after church in St. Paul, setting up for VBS after church and then going to Nice for church at night.

I got to show off my soccer skillz tonight as I played soccer along the beach with the Orozcos. We went out to the beach to have fellowship with some of the members of the church. It was a fun time of eating pizza, talking with others and enjoying our time together. The other part of our team also came in tonight. We are all here and excited about the upcoming week.

Thank you for your prayers and I hope you are all doing well. Please pray for our hearts as we start to get very busy here. I do not want to get so wrapped up in the preparation that I don't see how I can serve the missionaries here. They are building wonderful relationships with in a culture that doesn't think they need God. Please pray for the people of France, and Europe. Thank you and sending you my love!
Anna B.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Anna! Go glad to hear from you! Thankful for safe travels and for your time with the missionaries there! Will continue to pray for you as you meet with the other team and set up VBS.....tell the France team hello from me....they are all so wonderful and have such great hearts for the Lord and the people there. Praying that many hearts are reached this week and that the Lord works in mighty ways through you and in you....to Him be the glory! Love you, my sweet friend!!
Lori

Natalie said...

So they do eat Pizza in France! =)

Also - got my card and I have not opened it. I will wait. Annnnnd I can't wait to hear more. I hope you can post often.

Love you!

cookiehawk77 said...

Praising God for your safe arrival and new friends! Meeting others serving Christ was a highlight of our Haiti trip. I know you'll have a wonderful time serving alongside your brothers and sisters. May God direct your every step.
In His love,
Carol

Willie and Karina said...

Praying for you and the team Anna! Heard today was a good day from Daniel this afternoon.